Terms and Conditions
- After your trial lesson and you have decided what class/es you would like to participate in an individual invoice will be sent to you via email or the student.
- Full payment of the term’s fees must be made by the date provided on the invoice. If I have not recieved payment and have to send a reminder a charge of 10% will be made on the full amount. I am happy to discuss payment plans if it is difficult to pay the full amount all at once but you must contact me before the payment date.
- The fees do not include examination costs or the cost of extra coaching classes. These will incur additional fees.
- Half a term’s notice of leave, or fees in lieu, is required for all classes.
- Parents should inform us of any change of address, telephone number or medical conditions for emergencies and correspondence.
- Correct Uniform must be worn to every class. Hair Must be tied back and Jewelry removed. For more information take a look at our Uniform Page.
- Valuables that are brought onto the premises are the responsibility of their owner. Damage or Loss of Mobile Phones, Jewelry, Electrical Equipment and Uniform whether it be for School or Classes are not the responsibility of Stage Plus
- Photographs will be being taken during performances and rehearsals and possibly used for advertising purposes. Please let us know if you would prefer your child not to be included in any advertising.
Please find below the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions ……….
WHAT CLASSES DO YOU OFFER ?
We offer Classes in the following from Primary through all grades up to Advanced
ISTD Modern and Tap,
We offer one on one or group lessons for fun or to exam level! There’s also a range of evening adult classes for beginner to advanced.
HOW DO I ENROL?
To enrol in classes with Stage Plus please download and fill out our Registration Form and bring along to a trial lesson of your choice. It is best to contact us via phone or email to discuss what class is most appropriate to your needs first, however you can start as and when you like, it doesn’t have to be at the beginning of a term.
WHAT WILL MY CHILD BE DOING EACH WEEK?
Each week your child will be working towards exams or performances depending on the time of year. Not all classes are exam based and in this case the students will be working on building on various dance movements of varying complexity to make them as able a dancer/actor as possible.
HOW WILL MY CHILD BENEFIT?
The Performing Arts offer so many things to those who participate. Improved confidence, discipline, flexibility, coordination, social skills, creativity and most importantly enjoyment.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Class fees range from £4.50 for 1/2 an hour dance class to £20.00 per lesson for a private lesson. Take a look at our Fees Page for more detail.
After the initial free trial lesson, fees are payable termly in advance no later than the second week of term and are non-refundable. A 10% increase will be incurred for late payment.
Discounts are offered for Siblings. Once Again for more information please take a look at the Fees Page.
All prices are subject to change.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
If attending a trial lesson, loose, comfortable clothing (t-shirt, leggings, tracksuit bottoms or shorts) should be worn. Once registered, children are required to wear regulation uniform according to their class/es. We hold stocks of some of the uniform and are able to advise you on the uniform requirements and where to obtain it. Children’s hair must be in a bun for ballet and tied up for modern. There is no set uniform for adults other than the correct shoes but it is advised to wear loose comfortable clothing which allows free movement.
CAN I WATCH MY CHILD’S CLASS?
We are happy for a parent/guardian to view the first class of any new student however from then on viewing of dance classes is not permitted. From past experience we have found this to be distracting to the children, however you are more than welcome to wait within the school premises for the duration of your child’s class. On the last week of each term we offer an Open class where parents are able to come and watch their child to see what they have been working on throughout the term.
WHAT HAPPENS ON MY FIRST DAY?
It’s always best to arrive approx 10 minutes before the lesson so that you can get settled and be prepared for class.
If you have not already returned your Registration form please hand into the teacher at the beginning so that they have all information necessary to take care of your child to the full.
The Parent/Guardian may watch the first class, however if you find your child does not want to join in you might find it beneficial to wait outside the class and allow them to participate and enjoy the full experience. The teachers are experienced with these situations and will be able to get them involved.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A CLASS?
Fees are not refunded for missed classes.
If you are unable to attend a Private, 24 hours notification is required prior to its start time or lesson fee will be incurred.